Taurine instruction manual
Molecular formula: [Molecular Formula]: C2H7NO3S
Structural formula: NH2-CH2-CH2-SO3H
Molecular weight: [Molecular Weight]: 125.25
Taurine: Also known as tauric acid, its chemical name is 2-aminoethanesulfonic acid. It is white needle crystal, odorless, slightly acidic, soluble in water, insoluble in ethanol, ether and acetone, without any side effects. It was originally found in the bile of male bulls. It is a non-protein amino acid. It is widely found in organisms and is an endogenous amino acid with special physiological functions in the human body.
1. In medicine and pharmacy, this product has antipyretic, analgesic, hepatoprotective, hypoglycemic, maintains normal visual function, regulates nerve conduction, regulates lipid metabolism, bile and phosphate juice decomposition-protects the gallbladder and protects the liver, participates in endocrine activities, increases the heart The ability to shrink and improve the body's immunity. Clinically, it is mainly used to treat colds, fever, neuralgia, tonsillitis, bronchitis, rheumatoid arthritis, various eye diseases and drug poisoning.
(1) Antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects: This product may reduce body temperature by acting on the central 5-HT system or the catecholamine system. It is reported that oral administration of taurine 3.6-4.8g to patients with infectious hyperpyrexia has a certain antipyretic effect . Animal experiments have shown that this product still has anti-staphylococcal effect, and may have a certain role in improving immune function.
(2) Strong liver and gall bladder effect: Guinea pig experiments have shown that taurine can relieve bile obstruction and has a gall bladder effect. The combination of taurine and cholic acid can increase the permeability of bile and is related to the backflow of bile. Taurine can also reduce liver cholesterol levels, reduce the formation of cholesterol stones, and protect the liver. It has also been confirmed in animal experiments that it can reduce alanine aminotransferase.
(3) Other pharmacological effects: A diet lacking taurine can cause pathological changes in the retina and eventually lead to blindness. If taurine is given in time, it can play an important role in maintaining the normal function of the eye. Taurine also has a nutritional effect, which can cause dysplasia, visual impairment and epilepsy in children if it is deficient.
Used for fever, upper respiratory tract infection, tonsillitis, bronchitis, acute and chronic hepatitis, indigestion, etc.
Children's repeated colds and upper respiratory tract infections are mainly due to low self-immunity, or poor growth and development, and weak physical health resulting in poor disease resistance, fever, headache, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, tonsils, cough In addition, taurine not only has a variety of physiological and pharmacological activities, it is an indispensable substance for children's growth and development. It can promote the development of the brain and optic nerve, promote the absorption of lipids, calcium, and vitamins. It can effectively improve anorexia and malnutrition. It can promote the growth and reproduction of immune lymphocytes in the body's immune system, and enhance the neutrophils against bacteria and viruses. Engulfing ability.
2. In the food industry, it can be added to dairy products, beverages, compound monosodium glutamate and soy products; it accelerates the differentiation and development of nerve cells, enhances the body's immunity, and has a better health effect for people of different ages; as a food nutrition Fortifier, adding proper amount of taurine in milk and milk powder, its nutritional value is close to breast milk, especially beneficial to fetus, infants and young children; it can significantly inhibit and treat senile dementia, improve the brain function and retinal tissue of ordinary people.
National Standards of the People's Republic of China Ministry of Health approved the use of food additives health standards GB2760-1996
Range of use
Maximum usage g/kg
Corresponding nutritional milk beverages are used in accordance with the dilution factor to reduce the usage
Juice (fruity) beverage
Cocoa powder and other flavored solid beverages
Dairy products, infant food and cereal products
Drinks, milk drinks
Amount added in liquid dairy products
3. This product can also be used as surfactants, humidity regulators, emulsifiers, optical brighteners, PH buffers, detergent intermediates and chemical reagents, aquatic products, animal breeding feed additives and other fields.
It is used as a feed additive or medicinal in aquatic products and animal breeding to regulate the stomach and intestines of animals, attract food, and enhance immunity. It is a highly effective pure biological immune enhancer, which improves animal disease resistance and appetite, and promotes growth. General dosage It is 0.3%~0.5%.